Regarding playing sync of course. This update will increase application performance a lot. Currently its performance is pretty slow when it works with a huge collection of playlists or folders, or just music. Currently it processes whole collection at one go, besides, synchronization algorithm has some logical bugs. This update will split audio collection processing to one item at a time, so results will appear a lot faster. I am not really sure about a date, because there will be some other changes to the whole project. Anyways, less than 2 weeks is an approximate time.
I am thinking about new update at the moment. Connection issues in current version might actually be a result of wrong firewall configuration I haven’t even considered previously, because my WiFi network is configured by default as Public network and when installed, Distributor360 is added only to Public network exceptions. If you have configured your wireless differently, there can be an issue – the only thing you basically have to do is to open Windows Firewall exceptions and check all 3 boxes on the right of Distributor360 app. Complete document will be uploaded today some time later.
Nope, that seems like it adds itself to a correct firewall exception depending on which kind of network you are connected to, so I am out of ideas why mobile application cannot connect to a desktop one – it works perfectly fine on my machine. Anyways, it seems like I am going to dump this Windows Phone development.
Published at the store. Current release lets you view and synchronize folders, that are attached to your audio library on Windows PC.
Submitted yesterday. In current version, there is a possibility to synchronize music folders, added to an audio library on Windows PC. Should probably be available this week after successful certification.
Well, there is a minor update, but now it shows in its description in windows services console, which TCP port it listens on. Current version is 184.108.40.206. I haven’t removed older version though. Another thing I have posted is troubleshooting for Playing Sync. You can find it on Playing Sync’s page. Document contains a method for resolving pairing issues. However, current version should not suffer any connection problems. Another news is, new Playing Sync version is just around the corner and should be available soon.
Alright, this time I have updated this web site of mine, changed my display name to my real name, published an info about me, the guy who is behind this whole project, so if would like to know, you can read. About site design, I think I have finally found the one that suits my sense of aesthetics, and it is done, yes. That is the way this site will look like for a long period of time I guess.
Next thing I am going to do is probably to move apps related posts to a different category and create another category for posting my philosophical thoughts, like I did a long time ago, because there is so much that makes me sick in this world, man.
By the way, my site is in English because that suits me the best and not because I am trying to be cool, I am too old for that shit. I have my reasons. Period.
OK, next thing is I am going to delete technical posts, so this blog will look cleaner without them. Any important info will be added to the appropriate application page.
Playing Sync stable version.
Currently I am working on a major update, that should bring some really cool functionality, I will not reveal it at the moment though. I think it should not take more then one week to implement.
Finally, I have managed to resolve all the issues with playing sync app. Support for Windows 7 has been added as well. Some mechanisms were tweaked and changed so now it should be a lot faster, I mean whole app. Now, we only have to wait when it will pass certification process at Windows Phone Store.
Today I have updated Playing Sync to version 220.127.116.11 – there are some major improvements and bug fixes. I hope updating Windows Phone app will not take much time. There are still some bugs that I am aware of.
Discovered more bugs – currently working on another update. I’ll release it as soon as I can but no earlier than the beginning of next week. There is always a little delay with a Windows Phone app update as it has to pass validation first.
Fixed most annoying bugs – currently I have pretty much flawless PlayingSync version. Testing and adding new features to it. Before it will be published, previous update has to be published to the store, then this one will be submitted to the store. All takes time.
Windows Phone 8 app has been updated to version 18.104.22.168. This week another update will be submitted to the store: version 22.214.171.124.
Playing Sync desktop apps updated to version 126.96.36.199. Windows phone app has been queued for certification for Windows Phone store. This might take up to 5 business days. Already working on next update, – basically it will enable Windows 7 support and include some minor tweaks.
Finally, I have managed to publish my first Windows Phone 8 app to the store so this is, like, official: I have published new app Playing Sync. Well, this is my personal tool for audio synchronization between Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 devices. As there was no app for sync music using wireless, I have created one. Well, currently it has pretty much limited functionality, basically, just core functionality. Some bugs as well, but this thing is my priority now for some time to make it perfect. Updates should be pretty much frequent, – I am already working on a newer version.